The Journey From Flab to Fab!!!

My thoughts of fat loss and muscle building... Personal experiences, facts that I know about, programs that I promote... basically to help increase knowledge of fat loss (and muscle building)

Sunday, November 26, 2006

THE DANGER OF INDISCIPLINE IN WEIGHTLOSS/FAT LOSS and MUSCLE GAIN

Losing weight, or gaining muscle, which ever the case maybe, requires discipline.
With discipline comes persistence, and also with discipline comes resilience!
I have been on the weightloss (sometimes misspelled weightloose :P) battle ground longer than anyone can ever imagine. And indeed I have had my ups and downs.

Let me share you the danger that indiscipline can bring about.

You go on a weightloss or muscle gain program... and in some of them, they permit a cheat-meal or cheat-day. This is where you can go out of the program's (usually) diet regime, and eat what ever you want!!! Cheat-meals or cheat-days are actually a good thing in my opinion... but for those who are just looking for an excuse to go off the program, this option can be devastating for his/her weightloss goal.

I went on the Musclenow program about two years back. And I was consistently practising my one-day cheat-day :) Even though the program discouraged this, it kept me going for I had one day to look forward to :) But since I was rather indisciplined back then, one of my cheat-days turned out to be a cheat-month! And it didn't stop there, the month went on and on and on, and before I realized it, I was no longer dieting the way I should! I was eating crap day in day out...!!! Of course I was finishing my Masters degree at the time, but that was no excuse for binging!

My workout also went out the window... I figured... "If I'm not following one part of the program, then why bother with the other parts? (weight lifting and cardio)".

The short stint of indiscipline caused me to gain back the FAT I lost... and along with that, a few extra unwanted kilograms!!! I was also led back to my laid-back lifestyle of non-exercising, and I also re-started my smoking 'career'!

I consinued for some time, but soon after began to realize what I had done. INDISCIPLINE had caused me great loss! (In the form of unwanted FAT GAIN!)

So I really2 need to stress the importance... the UTMOST importance of discipline. Because, lack of it would only make you to fall after starting what ever program! Trust me. I've seen it (and experienced it) much too often.

So, if you're really keen on starting or JUMP-starting your weightloss or musclegain campaign, start by setting goals, and STRENGTHENING your discipline :) It really needs to be there. Like I said, Discipline makes for Persistence. And in case you fall, Discipline makes for RESILIENCE! :)

WIth all that said, I wish you all the best in your weightoss or muscle gain endavour :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home