The Journey From Flab to Fab!!!

My thoughts of fat loss and muscle building... Personal experiences, facts that I know about, programs that I promote... basically to help increase knowledge of fat loss (and muscle building)

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Spot Reduction

The flabbier parts of my life are now over. I'm very thankful to God for that.

During that time, I knew that I had a big problem of losing fat. Nothing I did seemed to work. I tried dieting. I tried excercising. I considered a vegan diet... but that didn't happen because I linked far too much pain to not be able to eat chicken! LOL!

Then one day, as I was watching the home-shopping channel, I saw this MIRACLE CREAM!!! Apply it to your stomach, and VOILA!!! 1-3 sizes of your dress or pants size.

I was ecstatic, and considered buying it!

Luckily, I was still a student then, with no credit card. So, I didn't buy it. Got quite sad... but LUCKILY I didn't have the means to buy it then, because not far after I found out the truth about fat loss. It simply does not work like the commercial suggests! What a bunch of bull ****!
What the product promoted was called SPOT REDUCTION. Meaning that you can target the areas where you want to lose fat!

This, is impossible. Because the body does NOT work that way. From what I've learnt, if you can't afford Liposuction (which is also dangerous), stick to the natural more effective way. It's har to go wrong!

Anyway, back to spot reduction. As I said, it's impossible.
The body stores fat in a Last-In-First-Out (LIFO) manner. This means, the place where fat accumulated last, will be the first place fat will dissappear once you engage in a fat loss or fitness programme.

So let's say Mr. X is someone who, when eating unstoppably, his stomach gets big first. After that, you can see his fac starting to fluff up after his stomach. After that, his hands start to expand. And finally, his thighs and feet.

When this guy repents, and desperately wants to change his physique, and goes on a fat loss program, he will start 'shrinking' from his feet first (The last place he gained fat). Assuming this guy is a consistent bugger, his thighs also start to shrink after his feet. This is followed by his hands, face and stomach.

This is how fat is being burnt. That's also why, spot reduction is not naturally possible. I persnally have not seen it happen.

During my 'shrinking' phase, I started to lose fat from my tummy arm area, followed by my legs and face. Different people have different bodily compositions. And they also accumulate fat at different areas, first to last. So, the fat will dissapear according to their physiological profile :)

So, please do remember that spot reduction cannot be done. Unless thru liposuction of course (which is dangerous).

Okie. Teeing off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home