The Journey From Flab to Fab!!!

My thoughts of fat loss and muscle building... Personal experiences, facts that I know about, programs that I promote... basically to help increase knowledge of fat loss (and muscle building)

Thursday, October 27, 2005

The festive season will be coming soon. Eating wisely would simply be out of the equation.
Thus, I have decided to make a full recovery (from this 1 year 'injury') after Hari Raya Puasa.

Muscles building has always intrigued me. And become a muscle man?
Not really, but I'd like to own a six pack one day :)

Will start to follow the MuscleNow program 'religously'.

5 to 6 meals per day.
3 days weight training
4-5 days aerobics or cardio

____________________________

A BIT ABOUT MUSCLENOW

Have to say though, MuscleNow is a rather interestingly-unusual programme. Compared to some of the other programs that I've read (namely Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle and BodyForLife), the methods and techniques that the author preaches are controversial, but at the same time sound very very logical and useful!

In February 2002, I wet to Monash University to further my Masters degree. Went there with a realtively flabby 74kg physique. Although flabby, it was way better then the 83kg me way back in 1999. I had BodyForLife to thank for that transformation.

Anyway, at Monash, I joined the gym and started the MuscleNow program. I actually had underwent TWO 'phases' if you may of the program. Don't get me wrong... the program does no have phases... it's just that I went through two separate experiences using the program, which I will explain in the following sections.

Like any other good pogram, MuscleNow preaches eating 5-6 square meals per day, plus the importance of Cardio and Weight Training. But this program stands out from the others, because in my book, the author is so damn honest, and simply has great passion for what he does!
After buying the book (which had a 90 day money back guarantee), I was kind of skeptical about the LIFETIME email support that Francesco Castano promised he'd give people who bought his program. I mean, what if 100,000 buy the program. Then, can he say that he could respond to 100,000 emails (maybe and most probably MORE!!!) every day of his life? I thought NOT!

But, this guy proved me wrong. Not only was his program superb, but Francesco also answered ALL... yes, ALL the email questions I sent to him. No matter if it was a really-really silly dumb question, he always had a friendly reply. Heck, he even answered lots of my emails before I even bought the book from him. LOL!

Ok, ... now back to what I went through at Monash with MuscleNow.

FIRST PHASE

I started out with full enthusiasm to succeed! I was no longer contempt with the flabby body I had. I was determined to change my physique to become a lean and muscular individual... someone who'd look nice naked. LOL! (Not that I plan to strip for anyone in the near future... :P)

For food, I consumed chicken breast as my primary source of protein. This was augmented by egg whites, skim milk, cottage cheese, light singles cheese, tofu and also potein powder (due o its convinience). My carb intake mostly consisted of cornflakes, rice (brown and white), low fat pita bread, and also fruits such as bananas and oranges. In MuscleNow, the author has come up with an ingenious and simple way on how to measure these foods, so that I'd get the proper balance of Protein and Carb.

I chose to do weights 5 times per day. Now, I saw that as a bad choice, because 5 days of weight training was not suitable for a newbie. Bodybuilding pros do 5 times per day (and usually more!).
Anyhow, I got results no matter what. After around 3 to 4 weeks (of religiously following the cardio and weight training regime), I went down from 74kg to around 68kg. As my main goal at the time was to lose fat, I was extremely ecstatic! I was seeing veins in my arms as well as on some parts of my biceps, and I was able to see the my chest, sort of separating from my arm-pits. I know this sounds a bit wierd, but before that, it was like a big blubber of flab there. But after that, it looked lik there were actually two body pars! LOL!

I was doing great! I was also noticing my back muscles starting to shape up. And my forearms were taking up a muscular shape (even though no BIG) that I've never ever seen before. Again, the word ecstatic is appropriate here.

After that, I decided to take a little break. And unfortunately... the short break lasted for almost 3 to 4 months :(

During that period, I was going back to Malaysia due to the university break. When I came back, the food missed me, and everything was miraculous! I went up from 70kg to 76kg in two monhs. Darn, that 3kg (around 6.6 pounds per month). Started to feel bloated, and started to realize that I need to do something about my weight increase here.

So, after two months holidaying in Malaysia, I was determined to start fresh in Monash... which I did. I managed to get down to 73kg. Now, even though it didn't seem much, it was a very very BIG achievement. Along the way (which was around 2 plus months), I lost a great amount of fat, and gaied some mass!!! Yes!!! I gained MUSCLE!!!

I noticed it when I really2 looked into the mirror and also when I started to take measurements.
My frame started to change. I was seeing separation in my chest, my upper abs were sarting to show, and it seemed like I was actually having a V-shape-torso(well, almost a least) !!! Biceps went from 12.5 inches to 13.5 inches. Now, 1 inch is something to be proud of at my level. :D

In short, it was one of the best moments in my life!!!
I was fit, and had everything in front of me!!! I was going to MAKE IT!!!
.
.
.
.
But like most of my triumphs, I decided to reward myself with a ONE WEEK break from healthy eating and excercise (both cardio and weights). That was one of the gravest mistakes of my life.

It was very2 hard to start over again. Plus I'd have to reschedule the eating plan, because I forgot how it was done before. In all, quitting was easy, but rebuilding what I brought down needs much more effort than I initially thought.

Anyway, now I'm planning to get my dreams fulfilled. And with MuscleNow, I am confident tha I can do it. I've fallen in the past, and am sure I can rise again NOW!

Just hope you all wish me Good Luck, and with a lot of help from GOD, I'd be able to reach my dreams.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is this MuscleNow thingy?

A course or an online coaching program or what?

Mon Oct 31, 11:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i totally totally understand you i have been fighting with my weight my whole lilfe im a 32 year old woman and this last year was when it hit and i started to do something about it, im stuck at 80, i was 96 and its so hard for me cause im a chef but im oding it im doing cardio 5 times a week to 6 and weighs like 3 but only once a day, i want to lose the belly flab so badddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess you can write me to julecita@hotmail since id like to talk some more

stay in touch and gooooooooooooooooood luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thu Dec 29, 05:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!

I'm actually a girl, and I bought the same program too, and it's like the best investment of my life! My results are fantastic so far - I just need to do more cardio for some more muscle definition!

Sat Feb 11, 12:39:00 AM  
Anonymous how to lose your belly fat said...

You DON'T need to waste your money on expensive "extreme fat burner" pills or other bogus supplements. I'll show you how to use the power of natural foods in more detail below.just visit here http://how-to-reduce-stomach-fat.yourhealthorbit.com/ here you can find the best treatment to reduce your fat.

Mon Jan 17, 10:33:00 PM  
Anonymous stomach exercise said...

looking for the best way to lose weight.i suggest you to do exercise like yoga.i also do exercise like yoga at my home.because i think it is better then to go gym and doing workout there.at home you can do exercise according to your time and according to your health.and the most important thing while we do exercise we need fresh air.because if you do workout in fresh air.you will get the result fastly.i do yoga at my home.because i think yoga is a best exercise to lose fat.two months back i am also a fat boy but now i have a perfect body just because of yoga.it can help me to gain weight fast and belly fat.thus i will get it.so i suggest all the people to do yoga.

Mon May 09, 01:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home